These tasty soft breakfast bars are a great substitute for cereal or toast in the morning.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup mashed banana (Ripe bananas with browning peel will yield a sweeter product and be easier to work with)
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinamon
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350’F
- lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan
- Thoroughly combine sugars and butter. Add the banana, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl: combine dry ingredients: flour, flax, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix will.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- spread evenly in the pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into 24 bars