The long weekend is upon us! Whether you plan on opening up the cottage, going to the beach, taking the family for a hike or having friends and family over this salad is a quick, refreshing must have! One of the reasons this salad is so easy to make is because you use whatever ingredients you already have in the fridge.
Cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, celery (any veggie you have in your fridge)
Generally bite sized pasta’s such as penne, bow tie, rotini etc work best
Any cheese you have available works (we used a cheddar mozzarella blend!)
Any dressing you feel would work best with the current veggie and cheese combo you have going (we used Italian dressing)
1. Cook your pasta (follow the instructions on the package to know how long to cook for.
2. While the pasta is cooking, chop up all the veggies you will be using.
3. Shred your cheese using a cheese grater or cut cheese into small, easy to eat cubes.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, let cool or rinse in cold water to cool pasta.
5. Put pasta in a large bowl (note bowl should be large enough to toss salad), add veggies, cheese and dressing. Mix and toss salad until all ingredients are evenly dispersed!